Roasted vegetable biryani
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 300g Frozen for Freshness Butternut Squash Chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 100g Frozen for Freshness Whole Green Beans, halved
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 300g basmati rice, rinsed well
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 500ml
- 10g flaked almonds
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put 1tbsp of the oil into a roasting tin along with the squash, red onion and parsnips. Toss to coat and roast for 30 mins, stirring after 15 mins. Add the beans and return to the oven for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large pan. Fry the white onion for 5 mins. Add the garlic, ginger and coriander. Cook for 2 mins.
Stir in the rice and cinnamon stick and pour over the stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 mins, or until all the stock is absorbed.
Stir the roasted veg into the rice. Reduce the heat to a very low setting and cover with the lid. Steam for 10 mins or until the rice is fully cooked.
Toast the flaked almonds in a dry frying pan, over a medium heat, for 2-3 mins.
To serve, fluff the rice and top with the almonds.