Roasted vegetable & halloumi pittas
- 250g chestnut mushrooms,halved
- 1 courgette, topped, tailed and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 125g halloumi, cut into 4 slices
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Put all the vegetables in a large roasting tin. Add the 1 tbsp of oil along with the paprika, then toss to coat. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chunks of veg are tender and tinged golden brown.
Whisk the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and mustard together. Set aside.
When the vegetables are almost ready, scatter the halloumi on top. Return to the oven for 4-5 minutes, until the halloumi is just starting to soften.
Remove from the oven. Drizzle over the balsamic, lemon and mustard dressing, then toss well.
Sprinkle the pittas with a few drops of water on each side and put in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until puffed up. Cut in half, fill with the halloumi and veg mixture, and serve.