Sag aloo with tomatoes
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1kg Maris Piper potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- ½tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1tsp garam masala
- ½tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 40g ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 300g Asda Mild Baby Spinach
- 4tbsp Reduced-Fat Crème Fraîche
- 1 naan bread
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 8-10 mins or until just tender. Drain and set aside to steam dry.
Heat the oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan and fry the cumin seeds until they start to sizzle. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 mins until soft and starting to brown.
Stir in the garam masala, ground turmeric, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook on low for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
Stir in the potatoes and tomatoes. Take the spinach and add ½ to the pan, with a splash of boiling water. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins. Stir, add the rest of the spinach, cover and cook for 2 mins. Stir well and serve with the crème fraîche and naan bread.