Salmon and avocado Caesar salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 thick slices white bread
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Heart of Romaine lettuce
- 3 x 100g packs Asda Extra Special Smoked Salmon
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 8 tbsp Asda Caesar Dressing (from a 245ml bottle)
- 75g Parmesan cheese
Cut the bread into large cubes. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, then add the bread and toss the pieces around with a wooden spoon. Cook over a medium heat, turning the pieces of bread frequently until they're crisp and golden brown. Tip on to a plate and leave to cool.
When you're ready to serve, tear the lettuce into pieces and arrange on six plates. Flake the fish and add to the lettuce with the avocado slices and croutons.
Drizzle 2 tbsp dressing over each plate. Shave the Parmesan with a potato peeler or grate it coarsley and scatter on top.