Salmon ceviche with orange and mulled spices
- 40g fresh ginger
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 160g Extra Special Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 120g fresh lemon juice
- 20g sugar
- ¼ lemon, finely zested
- ½ orange, finely zested
- 20g boiled and puréed red chilli paste
- 4g salt
- 8 twists of black pepper
- 2g grated fresh garlic
- 400g Extra Special Buck’s Fizz Smoked Salmon
- Sliced spring onion, to serve
- Fine sliced shallot, to serve
- Diced peeled peppers, to serve
- Crushed rainbow peppercorns, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- For the chilli paste
- 150g mild red chilli, remove seeds and stalk
- 5g sugar
- 2.5g sea salt
Make the chilli paste. Boil the chilli in water for 3-4 minutes until soft. Blend until smooth with salt and sugar. Cool and chill. Freeze and use when necessary.
Put the spices and orange juice into a pan. Bring to the boil and reduce liquid by half. Leave to cool, strain the spices and add lemon juice mixed with the sugar, zests, chilli paste, salt, pepper and garlic.
Put the smoked salmon in a bowl and drizzle over most of the dressing, making sure every part of the fish is covered. Marinate for 10-15 minutes. Place on your serving dish/plate then garnish.
Sprinkle with peppercorns, spring onions, pepper, shallot and fresh coriander. Drizzle the remaining dressing around the smoked salmon.