Salmon en croute
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 small red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Good pinch of crushed dried chillies
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Asda Extra Special Apricot Conserve
- 1 egg, for glazing
- 375g pack Asda Chosen by you Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 500g salmon fillet, skinned (from the fish counter)
- Asda Extra Special Tenderstem Broccoli and new potatoes, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Cook the onion, ginger and pepper in the oil until the onion is soft. Put in a bowl and add the dried chillies, soy sauce, dried apricots and apricot conserve. Set aside to cool. Lightly beat the egg with a small pinch of salt.
Lay the pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll to make it slightly thinner.
Put the apricot mixture in the middle of the pastry and lay the salmon on top. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg and fold over to make a neat parcel. Trim off any excess pastry.
Put on a baking sheet, join-side down. Brush with egg and bake for 20-25 minutes.