Salmon fillets with pink grapefruit salsa
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 ripe avocados, skinned, stoned and cut into small pieces
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil, plus 2 tsp for brushing
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime plus 1 tbsp juice
- 250g basmati rice
- 4 salmon fillets
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the grapefruit on a large plate, one at a time and cut off the peel. Remove segments and cut into small pieces. Reserve any juice that escapes.
Put the grapefruit and juice in a large bowl. Add the avocado, chilli, onion, half the coriander, 1 tbsp of the oil and the lime juice.
Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold water. Put in a pan with a pinch of salt and 1 litre cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes. Drain, add the rest of the coriander and the lime zest and fluff up with a fork.
While the rice is cooking, brush the salmon on both sides with the rest of the oil. Heat a griddle pan or dry frying pan until hot. Cook the salmon fillets for 2 minutes on each side.
Put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for another 4-5 minutes. Serve the salmon with rice and salsa.