Salmon pho cups with Earl Grey broth
- 1L fresh chicken stock
- 50ml Earl Grey tea
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly bashed
- 2 star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp black peppercorns
- 3 cardamon pods, lightly bashed
- 2cm piece ginger, sliced
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 11⁄2tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 325g Grower’s Selection Rice Noodles
- 180g beansprouts
- 2 x 135g Fishmonger’s Selection Ready To Eat Kiln Roast Salmon Flakes
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 25g bunch Grower’s Selection Mint, leaves only
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 25g bunch Grower’s Selection Coriander, leaves only
- 12 lime wedges
Place all the ingredients for the broth in a large pan and bring to the boil.
Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool, then pass through a sieve.
When ready to serve, return the broth to the pan and bring to the boil.
Divide the noodles and beansprouts between 12 cups or bowls and add the salmon and spring onions.
Pour boiling broth into each cup and top up with the mint, chilli and coriander. Serve with the lime wedges.