Salmon & potato soup (Lohikeitto)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 Marabel potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 900ml Extra Special Fish Stock
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 500g salmon fillets, skinned and cubed
- 150ml double cream
- 5 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus a sprig to garnish
- Sliced rye bread and butter, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the potato chunks and turn up the heat to medium. Cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring.
Pour in the fish stock, add the allspice and bay leaves, then simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Remove the bay leaves, then add the salmon cubes and cream. Cook gently for 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped dill, 1/2 tsp salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Serve the soup in bowls, garnished with a sprig of fresh dill, alongside slices of buttered rye bread.