Salmon Skewer Tacos
- Ready in: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
- Price: £1.71 per serving
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- Juice 11⁄2 limes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp Chosen by you Cajun Seasoning
- 340g pack Fishmonger’s Selection Salmon Fillets, skin removed, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 6tbsp sour cream
- 1tsp Chosen by you Chipotle Paste
- 4 Chosen by you Mexican Style Corn Tortillas
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
- Avocado slices, fresh salsa and chopped coriander, to serve
Toss the sliced onion in the juice of 1 lime in a non- metallic bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Cajun seasoning and remaining lime juice. Add the salmon pieces and stir to coat with the marinade. Thread onto 4 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 mins. Chill in the fridge for at least 20 mins.
In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream and chipotle together with a fork. Set aside.
Preheat the barbecue to a medium heat. Grill the salmon for 2-3 mins on each side until just cooked through. Or put on a baking or foil tray and cook under a preheated grill for 2-3 mins on each side.
Heat the tortillas one at a time for 30 secs on each side under the grill or on the barbecue until soft.
Spread a dollop of the chipotle cream on each tortilla and divide the lettuce leaves between them. Top with a salmon skewer, some of the marinated onions, slices of avocado, salsa and coriander. Remove the skewer from the salmon, wrap up the tacos and serve straight away.