Salmon & smoked pancetta in a zesty clementine sauce
Be the first to rate this recipe
- Zest of 3 clementines, plus the flesh, peeled and chopped
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 100ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole star anise
- 6 x 120g fresh salmon fillets
- 180g pack Extra Special 20 Oak Smoked Dry Cured Pancetta Slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Put the zest, chopped clementines, cranberries, orange juice, sugar and spices into a small pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the spices carefully with a spoon and set the sauce aside.
Top each salmon fillet with 3 slices of pancetta. Put on a rack set over a grill pan and brush all over with the olive oil. Grill for 8-10 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and the pancetta is crisp.
Serve the salmon with warm clementine sauce and gluten-free Tenderstem Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin.