Salmon with treacle glaze
- 3 tbsp Lyles Black Treacle
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 level tbsp Asda Coarse Grain French Mustard
- 1 whole side of salmon, about 950g
- 1/2 level tsp Schwartz Fennel Seeds
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and cut into shreds, to serve
Mix together the treacle, lemon juice and mustard and put in a shallow dish, large enough to hold the salmon. Put the salmon in the dish, skin-side up, making sure all the flesh is coated, and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C/Gas 4. Line a large roasting tin with foil. Remove the fish from the marinade and put in the tin, skin-side down.
Lightly crush the fennel seeds in a pestle and mortar or put them in a bowl and crush with the end of a rolling pin. Sprinkle over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the flesh flakes easily.
Sprinkle the spring onions on top before serving.