Satisfying sausage stew
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus 1 tsp for frying the sausages
- 454g pack Asda Butcher's Selection 30% Reduced Fat Pork Sausages
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 175g carrots, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp Asda Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 reduced salt stock, dissolved in 300ml hot water
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 level tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 500g potatoes (peeled weight)
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 level tbsp coarse-grain mustard
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the sausages for 10 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the carrots and celery and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Add the sausages, herbs, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cornflour and simmer for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with the milk and mustard. Serve with the stew.