Sausage and apple casserole
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 6 shallots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 400g pack Extra Special 6 Light & Lean Low Fat Pork Sausages
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, made up to 500ml
- 2tsp cornflour
- 2 Braeburn apples, cored and cut into wedges
Heat the oil in a hob-safe casserole. Fry the shallots and sausages on a medium heat for 5-6 mins to brown.
Add the thyme and potatoes. Pour over the stock and bring to a boil.
Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little cold water. Add to the pan.
Stir the casserole, cover with the lid and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Add the apples, return to a simmer and cook for 20 mins until the apples are tender and the sausages are cooked through.