Sausage and spinach gnocchi
- 2tsp olive oil
- 400g pack Butcher’s Selection Reduced Fat Pork Sausages, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 440g jar Napolina Tomato and Chilli Pasta Sauce
- 500g pack Asda Italian Gnocchi
- 220g pack Extra Special Cherry Tomatoes
- 180g bag baby spinach
- Basil leaves, torn, to serve (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the sliced sausages and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until they are browned.
Reduce the heat, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 4 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 min. Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 5 mins.
Meanwhile, add the gnocchi to a pan of boiling water. Return to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 2 mins or until the gnocchi begin to float.
Drain the gnocchi and add to the sauce. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and the baby spinach, and cook for a further 3 mins. Serve topped with torn basil leaves, if you like.