Sausage florentine pizza
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 400g Mc Dougalls '00' Extra Fine Premium Plain Flour, plus extra to dust
- 7g sachet Asda Easy-Bake Yeast
- 1tsp sugar
- 4tsp rapeseed oil
- 400g can Napolina Cherry Tomatoes in Rich Tomato Juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tsp mixed dried herbs
- 50g frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 Extra Special Light & Lean Pork Sausages, skins removed
- 1tbsp chopped sage
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp chilli flakes
Put the flour, yeast and sugar into a bowl, then make a well in the middle. Add 300ml slightly warm (not hot) water.
Add the oil. Bring the mixture together with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft, sticky dough.
Knead on a floured surface for 6 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise a little. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the tomatoes, garlic and herbs in a large pan and season with black pepper. Simmer for 10 mins or until thickened. Set aside.
Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the bases.
Squeeze all excess liquid from the thawed spinach. Roll the sausage meat into 1cm balls. Divide the sauce, spinach, meat, sage and olive oil between the bases. Top with the eggs and chilli flakes between them.
Bake for 12-18 mins until the crust is crisp and golden. Serve immediately.