- 300g Asda Fusilli or other short-cut pasta
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 454g Asda Extra Special Pork Sausages, each cut in 4
- ½ 225g pack Asda Sliced Red Onion or 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 200g Asda Sliced Mixed Peppers (frozen)
- 227g can Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ level tsp sugar
- 1 level tsp dried rosemary
- Good pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g frozen peas
Heat a large pan of lightly salted water until boiling. Add the pasta, stir, bring back to the boil and simmer fast, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is just cooked. Drain and return to the pan.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the sausages and cook over a medium heat, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until browned.
Add the onion and continue to cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes until the sausages are cooked and the onion is soft.
Add the mixed peppers, tomatoes, tomato purée, vinegar, sugar, rosemary, chilli flakes (if using) and peas, then heat until simmering. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir the sauce through the pasta and serve immediately.