Bangin’ root veg stew
- 8 Butcher’s Selection Cumberland Sausages
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 1kg Grower’s Selection Root Vegetable Stew Pack
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 1 level tsp mixed dried herbs
- 400ml hot chicken or veg stock, made with 1 cube
- 390g carton Asda Italian Thick Cut Chopped Tomatoes
- 150g whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Handful chopped kale (optional)
Preheat the slow cooker to low if the manufacturer recommends it. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages on the outside. Transfer to the slow cooker.
Add the stew pack, paprika, herbs and stock to the slow cooker.
Add the cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, covered, for 6-8 hrs. If you’re using kale, add it 10 mins before serving.
Serve with Grower’s Selection Smoky Mash (optional).