- 3 eating apples (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith), cored and quartered
- 3 ripe pears, cored and quartered
- 4 plums, halved and stoned
- 50g butter
- 1 heaped tbsp soft brown sugar
- Long-life custard, to serve (or cream)
Cut the apple and pear pieces in half and the plums into three.
Heat half the butter in a frying pan until it sizzles. Add half the fruit and cook over a medium heat, turning the pieces occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or just until tender.
Tip into a large bowl while you cook the rest of the fruit in the remaining butter. Return the cooked fruit to the pan and cook until piping hot. Sprinkle on the sugar.
Cook, stirring gently, until the sugar has dissolved. Spoon into bowls and serve with custard or cream.