- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 orange pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 75g Asda Extra Special Iberico Chorizo, roughly chopped
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes With Garlic
- 500g pack Asda Ready to Roll Shortcrust Pastry
- Flour, for rolling out
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion over a low heat until soft. Add the peppers and chorizo and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Leave to cool.
Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured board. Cut out 12 rounds with a 10cm cutter and use to line a bun tray. Cut out another 12 rounds with a 7cm cutter for lids, and cut scar shapes into these.
Fill the tartlets with the tomato mixture. Lightly wet the rim of the pastry and lay the pastry lids on top, pressing the edges to seal.
Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden.