Sesame tofu and veg noodle bowl
- ½ x 396g pack Cauldron Original Tofu
- 3tbsp tahini
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 reduced-salt vegan stock cubes, made up to 1.5L
- 3tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 115g pack Extra Special Shiitake Mushrooms
- 600g cooked vegan noodles (thick udon work well)
- 180g Plant Based Meat-Free Beef Style Strips, thinly sliced
- 2 pak choi, halved lengthways
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Salad cress, to garnish
Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen roll. Cut into 2cm cubes and toss through the tahini. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and stir gently to coat.
Add the tofu to a frying pan with the rapeseed oil. Cook over a medium-high heat for 3-5 mins until golden and crisp, tossing occasionally, before setting aside.
Add the stock to a large pan with the reduced-salt soy sauce and fresh ginger. Bring to the boil.
Add the shiitake mushrooms to the pan, cutting any large ones in half, and cook for 3 mins.
Add the noodles, beef-style strips and pak choi to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally to separate the noodles.
Divide the contents of the pan evenly between 4 soup bowls.
Top with the sesame tofu, carrot ribbons, radishes, spring onions, red onion and a sprinkling of salad cress. Serve immediately.