Shakshuka made simple
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pack Grower’s Selection Mixed Peppers, sliced and deseeded
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp Extra Special Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 50g Asda Light Greek Salad Cheese, crumbled
- 2tbsp snipped chives
- ½ Baker’s Selection Sourdough Batard
Fry the onion, garlic, peppers and paprika in the oil on a medium heat for 5 mins until just softening.
Add in the tomatoes, stir, and simmer for 10 mins.
Create 4 ‘wells’ in the mixture and crack an egg into each one. Cover with a lid. Cook for 8 mins until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
Serve sprinkled with the cheese and chives, plus sliced, toasted sourdough.