Shorabet Lahmeh Wa Shariyeh
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 25g ﬂat-leaf parsley, chopped (reserving some to garnish)
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sunﬂower oil
- 4 tbsp Melis pomegranate sauce (or pomegranate molasses)
- FOR THE SOUP
- 2 reduced salt chicken stock cubes, made up to 600ml (or water)
- 5 vermicelli nests, crushed
- 300ml tomato passata
Mix the onions and parsley in a large bowl. Add the lamb and pepper and mix together. Shape into small meatballs, and set aside.
Heat the sunflower oil in a pan over a high heat. Add the meatballs to the pan and fry for about 10 minutes or until browned all over. Add the pomegranate molasses and stir so that the meatballs are covered in molasses and soak up the flavour. Cook for about 2 minutes.
To make the soup, put the chicken stock or water in a large saucepan and add the crushed vermicelli and tomato passata. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the meatballs and the juices from the pan and let them cook in the stock for about 10 minutes.
Taste for seasoning and serve in a bowl with a small amount of chopped parsley mixed into the soup.