Simon Rimmer’s bobotie
- 1 mackerel fillet, skinned
- 2 hake fillets, skinned (haddock can also be used)
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 carrot, sliced and cooked
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 150ml single cream
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Cut the fish into five centimetre pieces.
Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for about five minutes or until soft and then add the potatoes, carrot and fish to the pan.
Pour over the white wine vinegar and then spoon the mixture into a baking dish, giving it a good stir.
Beat the eggs, cream and spices together, add the parsley and season well.
Spoon over the fish mixture and bake at 180C/160 Fan/Gas 4 for about 15-20 minutes or until set.