Simon Rimmer’s no bread burritos
Price: £1.33 per serving
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 beef tomato, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 250g cooked brown rice
- 1 tin kidney beans, washed and drained
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 6 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- 60ml reduced fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 lime (optional)
For the filling: Place the onion, chilli, and tomato in a bowl. Season and mix well.
Add the avocados to the bowl, squeeze over the lime and mix well.
In a separate bowl mix the rice, beans and chopped tomatoes with the jalapeno slices.
For the burrito: Beat the eggs and parsley together and season.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add about one quarter of the mix to the pan. Cook the mixture flat, like a tortilla, for 2-3 minutes (it should cook through, if not flip and cook for two more minutes).
Remove the egg ‘tortilla’ from the pan and store on a plate. Repeat to make three more.
Lay out the ‘tortillas’ and top with the rice mixture and guacamole.
Roll up and serve with chopped coriander, sour cream, and lime wedges.