Easy leftover chicken curry for two
Price: £1.40 per serving
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 50g frozen diced onions
- 150g frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 1tbsp frozen chopped ginger, or ½tbsp ginger paste
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- ½ x 200g jar Asda Balti Curry Paste (see TIP)
- 150g leftover cooked chicken, skin removed, shredded or cut into bite-sized chunks
- 100g uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and cooked according to pack instructions
- 1 Asda Garlic & Coriander Naan, heated, to serve
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onions and peppers for 2 mins until soft. Add the ginger, then add the tomato purée and curry paste. Mix well with the veg. Fill the curry paste jar with water and add to the pan (about 200ml). Bring to a bubble and simmer for 8-10 mins until thickened and saucy.
Add the chicken, and cook for another 3-4 mins until piping hot. Serve with the cooked basmati rice and the naans.
TIP: If using a different curry paste, check the jar instructions to see how much you need – it may not be half of the whole jar.