Easy Mexican bean soup for two
- 400g tin Asda Mexican Style Bean Mix, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 400g tin Asda Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
- ½ reduced-salt vegetable stock cube made up to 250ml with boiling water
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ¼tsp mild chilli powder or chilli flakes
- ½ x 198g tin Asda Sweetcorn In Water, drained
- 2tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
- Coriander, to serve
Put the beans, chopped tomatoes, stock and spices into a large pan and bring to the boil on a medium-high heat. Simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to break down.
Season with black pepper, add the sweetcorn and simmer for another 2-3 mins until heated through. Ladle into two bowls and serve with a dollop of yogurt, a squeeze of lime and some coriander, if you like.