Sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce and matchstick parsnips
- 250g pack Extra Special Baby Parsnips, peeled and cut into matchsicks
- 4tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 x 227g Extra Special British Aberdeen Angus Sirloin Steaks, at room temperature
- 100g Asda Peppercorn Sauce
- 120g pack Asda Strong Watercress, Spinach & Rocket
- Sprigs of rosemary, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Toss the parsnips with 2tsp of the oil on a baking tray. Season with black pepper. Roast for 20 mins until crispy and golden.
Heat a frying pan on a high setting until it starts to smoke. Rub the remaining oil over both sides of the steak.
Cook the steaks according to your preference. Rest on a plate, covered, for 5 mins.
Turn the heat to low and stir the peppercorn sauce into the pan juices. Heat until almost simmering.
Season the steaks with black pepper, top with the rosemary, if using, and serve with the peppercorn sauce, fries and salad leaves.