Sirloin steak with herby butter
- 30g Extra Special Somerset Farmhouse Butter, softened
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Finely grated zest 1 mandarin
- Finely grated zest 1/2 lemon
- 1tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1tsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1/4 hot paprika
- 2 x 300g Extra Special 28 Day Matured Beef Sirloin Steaks (at room temperature)
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- Baby leaf salad, to garnish
To make the herby butter pats, put the butter, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, citrus zests, parsley, tarragon and paprika in a small bowl. Mash together with a fork until combined. Shape into two patties with your hands and chill in the fridge until firm.
Brush the steaks with rapeseed oil. Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over a high heat with a drizzle of oil and cook the steaks for 2 mins on each side for rare, or 3 mins each side for medium.
Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 1 min on warmed plates. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Top each steak with a pat of the herby butter. Serve with shoestring fries and a garnish of baby leaves.