Sizzling steak ‘pizza’ with parsnip fries
- 4 Asda Grower’s Selection parsnips, peeled, de-cored and cut into thin fries
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g Asda chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tsp Asda mixed herbs
- 6 Asda Butcher’s Selection beef frying steaks
- 125g ball Asda Light Mozzarella, drained and finely chopped
- Mixed salad bag to serve
- Basil leaves to garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 190C, 170C fan, gas 5. In a large baking tray toss the parsnips in 1tbsp of oil and roast for 20mins until soft.
In a small saucepan bring the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic and mixed herbs to the boil and simmer for 10mins, stirring occasionally.
Rub the remaining oil into the steak and place a frying pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot (it should sizzle when the steak is placed in) fry the steaks in the pan. Cook for 2mins on either side for medium and 3-4mins on either side for well done.
Top with the cheese and finish under the grill for 2-3 minutes. Serve with the sauce, parsnip fries and a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan.