Sloppy Joe loaded potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15g basil
- 200g Butcher’s Selection Beef Lean Mince (Typically Less Than 5% Fat)
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Asda Pickled Gherkins, thinly sliced
- 3 vine tomatoes, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Prick the baking potatoes with a fork, put on a baking tray and bake for 50 mins until softened.
Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in a pan and add the onion. Cover and sweat for 8 mins until the onion is softened. Add the garlic. Cut the stalks off the basil, chop and add to the pan (reserve the leaves). Fry for 2 mins.
Add the mince, green pepper, deseeded and chopped, and chopped tomatoes with herbs. Stir and simmer for 25 mins, adding a little water if it’s too dry.
Cut the baked potatoes in half and top with the mince mixture. Serve sprinkled with the spring onions, pickled gherkins, vine tomatoes and the basil leaves.