Slow-cooked beef ragu with cauliflower mash and peas
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150g Asda Cook From Frozen Diced Beef
- 250ml hot stock, made with ½ beef stock cube
- ¼tsp dried oregano
- ½ x 400g can Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
- 200g Frozen For Freshness Cauliflower Florets
- 1tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 rasher smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- ½ Grower’s Selection Romaine Lettuce Heart, chopped
- 30g frozen peas
- Fresh basil, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, celery, garlic and beef for 5-8 mins until the veg is soft and the meat is browned.
Stir in the stock, oregano and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 2 hrs, stirring occasionally, until the meat starts to fall apart.
Put the cauliflower in a pan with 100ml boiling water. Cover and simmer for 8 mins until soft. Drain well and mash with the olive oil and some black pepper.
In another pan, cook the bacon on a medium heat until crisp. Add the lettuce and fry until golden and wilted. Add the peas and cook for 2-3 mins until heated through.
Divide the cauliflower mash between 2 bowls, top with the beef ragu and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with the lettuce, peas and bacon on the side.