Slow-cooked lamb burger with cabbage slaw
- 1 tbsp Extra Special Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 2 x 300g packs Butcher’s Selection Lamb Shoulder Fillets
- 2 onions, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 2tsp harissa paste
- 4tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g Asda Tomato Ketchup
- 3tbsp Asda Italian Tomato Purée
- 4tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 x 250g packs Extra Special Roast Beef Stock
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Half a white cabbage
- Juice 2 limes
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 8 brioche slider buns (or 4 x Baker’s Selection Brioche Buns), to serve
- 25g crisp-fried onions, to serve
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil. Add the lamb fillets to the pan and seal the meat on all sides.
Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, chipotle and harissa pastes to the slow cooker, along with the lamb fillets.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, tomato purée, soy sauce, stock and rosemary.
Cook on low for 8 hrs.
For the slaw, halve then slice the cabbage. Add the lime juice, then the olive oil and coriander. Mix together.
Slice the brioche slider buns in half and toast.
Remove the lamb from the slow cooker and shred in a bowl, using two forks. Return to the slow cooker and stir until the meat is well coated with the sauce
Divide the meat between 8 of the slider bun halves. Top with remaining sauce, slaw, onions and other bun halves. (If using larger buns, serve as open sandwiches).