Slow-cooker chicken and tarragon casserole
- 600g Butcher’s Selection British Chicken Boneless Thigh Fillets
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 150g Chantenay carrots, halved if large
- 220g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tsp dried tarragon
- 300ml white wine or chicken stock
- 1tsp cornflour
- 180g Grower’s Selection Trimmed Fine Beans
Put the chicken fillets in the slow cooker, add the crushed garlic and season with freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over the shallots, carrots, cannellini beans and dried tarragon.
Pour over the white wine or chicken stock, cover and cook on high for 4-5 hrs.
After at least 4 hrs, mix the cornflour to a paste with 1tsp cold water. Add to the slow cooker with the fine beans and stir well. Replace the lid and cook for a further 1 hr.
Before serving, pour the crème fraîche over the chicken, stir through the sauce and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.