Slow-roast beef brisket
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1.3kg (approximately) Asda Brisket Beef
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 650ml beef stock made with 1 Knorr Rich Beef Stock Pot
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 level tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 level tbsp gravy granules
- Roast potatoes, to serve
- Asda Smart Price Yorkshire Puddings, to serve
- Brocolli, to serve
- Carrots, to serve
- Peas, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Heat half the oil in a large pan and carefully brown the beef on all sides. Put in a large casserole dish.
Add the rest of the oil to the pan and cook the onions until soft and browned. Put in the dish around the beef.
Add the hot stock and tomato purée to the pan and heat until simmering. Pour over the meat and sprinkle on the herbs and bay leaves. Cover and cook in the oven for 4 hours, turning halfway through.
Remove the meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Sprinkle the gravy granules into the juices in the casserole dish and stir to thicken.
Serve with the beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, broccoli, carrots and peas.