Smashed avocado and roasted chickpea flatbreads
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp cumin
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- 10g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 Grower's Selection Ripe & Ready Avocados
- Juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 4 Extra Special Sourdough Pittas, toasted
- 10g coriander, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Toss the chickpeas in a roasting tin with the oil, cumin and paprika. Roast for 15-20 mins until crisp. Remove from the oven and stir in the parsley.
Simmer the peas in boiling water for 5 mins. Drain and cool slightly.
Mash together the peas and the avocados until smooth or slightly chunky, as preferred. Stir in the lime juice and the garlic.
Spread the mixture on the pittas and top with chickpeas and coriander. Serve with the lime wedges, to squeeze over.