Smoked cod kedgeree
- 230g pack Asda Line Caught 2 Smoked Cod Fillets
- 300ml cold water or semi-skimmed milk
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 250g Frozen for Freshness Vegetable Base Mix
- 2tbsp mild curry powder
- 2x250g packs Asda Golden Veg Micro Rice
- 1 reduced-salt veg stock cube, made up to 300ml
- 2x160g packs Asda Steam Bags Carrots, Peas & Sweetcorn
- 2 eggs (optional)
Put the cod fillets in a deep-sided frying pan and cover with cold water or milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins until cooked through. Drain the fish, discarding the liquid; set aside to cool.
Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pan and add the frozen veg base mix and cook for 5-6 mins until beginning to colour. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 min.
Stir in the rice and stock, stirring well. Bring to a simmer then stir in the carrots, peas and sweetcorn. Cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly.
Boil the eggs (optional) for 7 mins, if using, then drain and rinse under cold water. Peel and slice in half.
Break the cod into chunks. Gently stir into the rice and season with pepper.
Divide the kedgeree between 4 bowls and top each with half an egg, if using. Serve immediately.