Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
- 220g pack Asda 2 Smoked Haddock Fillets
- 300ml cold water or semi-skimmed milk
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 250g Frozen for Freshness Vegetable Base Mix
- 2tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 x 250g packs Asda Golden Veg Micro Rice
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 300ml
- 2 x 160g Asda Steam Bags Carrots, Peas & Sweetcorn (from 4-pack)
- 2 medium eggs (optional)
Put the haddock into a deep-sided frying pan and cover with the cold water or milk. Bring to a simmer for 5 mins, until cooked through. Drain the fish, discarding the cooking liquid, and set aside to cool.
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium setting. Add the vegetable base mix and cook for 5-6 mins, until beginning to colour. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 min.
Add the rice and the stock, stirring well. Bring to a simmer then stir through the carrots, peas and sweetcorn. Reduce the heat and cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly.
Boil the eggs for 7 mins, if using, then drain and rinse under cold water. Peel and slice in half.
Peel the skin from the haddock and break the flesh into chunks. Gently stir into the rice mixture and season with ground black pepper.
Divide the kedgeree between 4 bowls and top each one with half a boiled egg, if using. Serve immediately.