Smoked haddock & leek pilaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 225g long-grain white rice
- 1 level tbsp Asda Mild Curry Powder
- 175g frozen peas
- 350g smoked haddock, skinned and broken into bite-sized pieces
- 160g bag baby spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to serve
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and cook the mushrooms over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until browned and any moisture is driven off. Remove and set aside. Add the rest of the oil and cook the leek over a low heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Add the rice and curry powder and stir to coat. Pour in 800ml hot water and heat until simmering. Cover and cook over a low heat for 8 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, peas and fish, and return to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the rice is cooked, adding the spinach for the last 2 minutes. Serve with fresh coriander.