Smoked mackerel open sandwiches
- 4 slices Schneider Brot Organic Rye Bread with Sunflower Seeds
- 200g reduced-fat soft cheese
- 2tbsp horseradish sauce
- 4 Asda Kiln Roasted Mackerel Strips, skin removed, flesh flaked
- 1 small green apple, cored and finely sliced
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 medium-sized beetroot, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 2 sprigs dill
- 100g pickled baby gherkins, drained
Preheat the grill. Toast the bread until starting to crisp. Mix together the soft cheese and horseradish.
Cut each slice of bread in half, spread with the soft cheese mixture and arrange the mackerel on top.
Toss the apple, shallot and radish slices with the lemon juice and spoon over the fish. Scatter over the beetroot and garnish with dill fronds.
Serve 2 per person immediately, with the gherkins on the side.