Smoked mackerel pâté with melba toast
- 285g pack Asda Smoked Mackerel
- 200g pack Asda Plain Soft Cheese
- 2 tbsp Asda Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
- 1 level tsp Asda Extra Special Horseradish Sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 slices of white sliced bread
- Chopped parsley, to serve
Remove the skin from the mackerel and check for bones. Put in a processor or bowl with the soft cheese, Greek yoghurt, horseradish sauce, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Season.
Blitz in the processor or use a hand blender to form a pâté. (Mash thoroughly with a fork if you do not have a blender.) Taste and add more lemon juice if necessary. Put in a serving dish or six ramekins and chill until needed.
To make the melba toast, preheat the grill, cut the crusts off the bread and toast on both sides. Carefully cut each slice through the middle to make two very thin slices. Put back under the grill, uncooked side uppermost, until the bread is lightly toasted all over.
Sprinkle chopped parsely on top of the pâté, and serve with the melba toast.