Smoked salmon, Cheddar and rocket muffins
- 70g pack Asda Wild Rocket
- 150g plain white flour
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 1 level tbsp baking powder
- 100g extra mature Cheddar, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g Chosen by you Sunflower Spread (full fat), melted
- 100g smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Chosen by you 50% Less Fat Light Soft Cheese, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Put 12 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin. Remove any tough stems from the rocket. Chop the rest.
In a large bowl, mix both types of flour with the baking powder. Season with black pepper, then stir in the grated cheese.
Lightly beat the eggs, milk and melted spread. Stir into the flour mixture with the rocket and salmon, but don’t overmix – the less you stir, the lighter the muffins will be.
Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with light soft cheese, for spreading.