Smoky chorizo and pepper fusilli
- 350g Asda Fusilli
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus 1 tsp for oiling
- 1/2 200g pack Asda Chosen by you Chorizo Cooking Sausage, diced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 300g can Asda Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g tortilla chips, crushed
- 100g Cheddar, grated
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Grease an ovenproof dish and a sheet of foil large enough to cover it. Cook the fusilli in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes less than instructed. Drain.
Fry the onion in the oil for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until the juices run. Add the peppers and paprika and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomato ketchup, cans of chopped tomatoes and pinto beans and heat until simmering. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Mix with the pasta. Put in the dish, cover with the foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and top with the tortilla chips and cheese. Bake for another 4-5 minutes.