Smoky Kansas ribs
- Oil, for greasing
- 1kg Butcher's Selection Pork Ribs
- 4 level tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp pickle liquid from a jar of dill cucumbers (or cider vinegar)
- 3 level tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/ 140C Fan/Gas 3. Grease a roasting tin and add the ribs, plus 4 tbsp water. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Uncover and drain off the liquid. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Use a spoon to turn the ribs until coated.
Cover with foil again and cook for another 30 minutes.
Turn up the heat to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes.
Transfer the ribs to the barbecue or grill. Cook for 5-10 minutes, turning until they start to blacken.