Smoky pork and whisky burgers
- 500g Asda butcher’s selection pork mince (typically less than 5% fat)
- 1 red onion, grated
- 2tbsp Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 4 Asda baker’s selection seeded burger buns, cut in half
- 4tbsp Asda garlic squeezy mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves picked
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Rocket (optional)
Mix together the mince, onion, whiskey and egg yolk. Season with black pepper and shape into 4 burger patties.
Heat a griddle or frying pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers for 5-8mins on each side until the meat is cooked throughout.
Fry the bacon rashers until crispy.
Lightly toast the buns and spread on the mayonnaise. Place one lettuce leaf on the base of the bun, top with the burger, bacon, tomato and bun lid. Serve with a rocket salad (optional).