Sourdough toast with avocado, beetroot & mozzarella
- 2 Grower's Selection Bunched Beetroot, washed
- Juice and zest 1 lemon, plus slices to serve
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and destoned
- 8 slices Extra Special Sourdough Boule
- 120g Asda Mozzarella, sliced into 4
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Wrap the whole beetroot in foil. Put on a baking tray and roast for 50-60 mins until tender. Cool, then unwrap, peel and slice.
Add the lemon juice to the avocado, and mash.
Toast the bread in a nonstick frying pan until lightly charred. Spread 4 slices with the avocado and top with beetroot slices.
Fry the mozzarella for 30-60 secs on each side until golden, then put on the beetroot. Top with the lemon zest and sandwich with the remaining toast.