South Pacific fish
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 450g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400g can tomatoes with chilli and peppers
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and sliced
- 450g white fish, skinned and cut into chunky pieces
- 75g macadamia nuts, chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Red chilli and rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the ground coriander and turmeric, and cook over a low heat, stirring, for another minute.
Add the sweet potato and stir so that everything is coated, then add the coconut milk, tomatoes and red pepper, and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are just tender.
Add the fish and simmer very gently for a further 5 minutes. Scatter over the macadamia nuts, coriander leaves and chopped chilli before serving with boiled rice.