Spaghetti with prawns and peppers
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 300g spaghetti
- 2tbsp Fino sherry
- 1tsp red wine vinegar
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g Extra Special frozen Peeled King Prawns, thawed
- 20g flaked almonds, toasted
- 1tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 10g basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
On a baking tray, toss the red peppers, red onion and garlic in 1tbsp of the olive oil. Roast for 40 mins then squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins.
Meanwhile, fry the green pepper in the rest of the olive oil for 5 mins. Set aside in the pan.
Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Drain, then return to the pan.
Blend the roasted vegetables to a paste with the sherry and red wine vinegar. Add to the green peppers with the chopped tomatoes and the thawed prawns. Cook on a medium heat until piping hot.
Mix the spaghetti into the sauce, then top with the flaked almonds, chilli flakes and basil leaves to serve.