Special sandwich loaf
- 1 red pepper, cut into quarters and de-seeded
- 1 small Asda Bloomer Loaf
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 12 sweet cucumber sandwich slices (from a jar)
- 110g pack Asda Sliced Pastrami
- 4 tbsp Asda Onion Chutney
- 1/2 x 220g pack Asda Mature Cheddar Slices
- 150g Asda Soft and Creamy Cheese
- 70g Asda German Salami
- 125g ball Mozzarella, drained and sliced
Pre-heat the grill. Cook the pepper under the grill, skin side up, until the skin turns black. Put in a freezer bag and leave till cold. The skin should peel off easily now.
Cut the top off the loaf to make a 3cm-deep lid. Scoop out the bread in the middle (you can make it into breadcrumbs and freeze), leaving a 3cm shell.
Spread the butter all over the inside of the loaf and on the underside of the lid.
Layer the other ingredients in the following order: half the ham, the sliced mozzarella, half the cucumber sandwich slices, the pastrami, onion chutney, grilled red pepper, Cheddar slices, the rest of the ham, the soft cheese, the remaining cucumber sandwich slices and the salami.
Put the lid back on and wrap the whole loaf in cling film. Put it on a plate and put another plate on the top. Weight this down with a can of food and refrigerate for a least 4 hours.
Carry to the picnic wrapped in cling film and cut into slices or wedges.