Spiced apple empanadas with a sticky caramel sauce
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 50g light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to dust
- 400g Asda Ready Rolled Pizza Dough
- 100g Carnation Caramel (from a tin), to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Put ½ the butter into a pan with the apples, brown sugar and spices. Cook over a low heat, stirring regularly, for 8-10 mins until syrupy. Set aside to cool.
Unroll the pizza dough and cut out 8 circles using a 12cm round cookie cutter. If needed, re-roll the scraps to cut out the final circles. Divide the mixture between the circles, heaping it in the centres. Fold over into semicircles and crimp the edges together with a fork.
Brush the empanadas with the remaining melted butter, dust with a little extra cinnamon and bake in the oven for 30-40 mins, until golden brown.
Serve warm with the caramel to dip.